The holiday Programme
Our Holiday Programme provides ample entertainment for children during the school holidays. The programme operates from 8am to 6pm, from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. We have a mixture of on-site activities here at the Waimarino Adventure Park, and off-site activities making the most of the attractions in our region. Our programme changes each holiday, and some of the fun activities we have done in the past include Mini-Olympics, baking challenges, mountain biking, the cinemas, local hot pools, beach days, laser tag, go-karts, abseiling, kayaking days, as well as all the amazing activities here at the park.
A ‘Waimarino Park Day’ (WPD) is a supervised free-play day spent at the Waimarino Adventure Park, playing on all the park activities and equipment.
This costs $47 per child, per day; please note this is not on offer during the winter holiday programme.
An ‘Adventure Day’ offers a structured age-appropriate activity and costs $49 per child, per day. We have two age groups - Juniors are aged 5-8 years, and Seniors are aged 9-13 years. Some activities have extra charges to cover costs of longer trips or more costly activities; we will always advertise these extra charges. The children also get some supervised free-play time in the Adventure Park after their activity has finished.
You can drop-off and collect your children from the Waimarino Adventure Park at 36 Taniwha Place, Bethlehem, Tauranga, or you can make use of one of our two bus services! The bus costs $2 per child per day.
Otumoetai bus stop: By Countdown on the corner of Vale St and Bureta Road
Pick Up: 8.00am – 8.15am / Drop Off: 5.15pm – 5.25pm
Tauranga Central bus stop: Arundel Street, by the Tauranga Primary school pool
Pick Up: 8.15am – 8.25am / Drop Off: 5.00pm – 5.10pm
• Our minimum daily charges for Adventure Club are $49 per child.
• We are open from 8am - 6pm Monday Friday
• All children MUST be signed IN & OUT of the programme each day.
• Please report any absences before 9am on 07 576 4233
• Please ensure your child is at Waimarino before 9am
• Please label ALL your child’s personal belongings
• Waimarino reserved the right to change a programme on the day for any reason.
• We have a ZERO tolerance policy for bullying or harassment.
• If a child’s behavior is such that it ruins the enjoyment of others; risks or compromises the safety of themselves, others or equipment, we reserve the right to stand down the child for the day or suspend from the programme indefinitely. If this happens, a refund WILL NOT be issued.
"After trying a few other school holiday programmes we finally got recommended to try Waimarino. BEST MOVE EVER! The staff are fantastic with all 3 of my kids and are able to manage all their needs. The adventures they get to go on are above what I could provide at times for all three kids at once. Its great to know my kids are valued for who they are and that they are in a safe environment. We Love Waimarino and recommend sending your kids."
" I Highly recommend Waimarino Holiday Programme. My children have been attending for 3 years now and still say "Yussss!" when it's a Waimarino day. The staff are incredibly organised and onto it; and their enthusiasm for the outdoors is contagious. They've taught my children how to swim safely in the river, scale walls like monkeys and drift in carts like pros. We are always greeted with beautiful smiles from the staff and usually pouts from the kids that are gutted to leave at the end of the day. We love it here so so much!"
• We will charge a $15 administration fee per change or cancellation after 4pm the last Thursday of term.
• $2.00 Fee per child for a pre-booked seat on our bus service
• Due to the nature of our processing times, we cannot guarantee that a booking will be confirmed when made within 24 hours of the first day of care.
NO REFUNDS will be issued after 4pm the last Thursday of term unless you are able to prove a medical certificate. The is because we hire fantastic staff in advance to safely run our programme with the correct child/staff ratios.
• If for some reason your child misses a day from the programme, we will not swap this day free or charge, nor issue a refund
To download the latest Holiday Programme, with up to date timings, prices and activity options please use the link below.
- What to Bring
- How to Enrol
- Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options
The After School Club Includes
Our Holiday Programme is led by qualified, safety conscious, and knowledgeable Supervisors. Our staff are passionate about educating children about water safety whilst encouraging students to get out of their comfort zone and try something new.
Our drivers are Full License holders with all trained bus drivers holding their passenger endorsment. Additional training is done on site to ensure that all drivers are competent.
All instructors are carrying rescue equipment and are first aid certified. We also have First Aid Kits on site at Waimarino Adventure Park and in our Vehicles.
We provide industry standard booster seats which are complusory for all children under 7 years old. In our large passenger vehicles booster seats are not required due to lap belts.
Kayaking and Outdoor Equipment
At Waimarino we provide all equipment that is used to participate in our activities e.g. Buoyancy Aids, Paddles, Kayaks, Paddleboards etc.
In our After School and Holiday Programmes we require all children to have their shoulders covered. We provide Rash Shirts or Wetsuits for the children to wear when in the water, free of charge.
Access to All Adventure Park Activities
The children will have supervised access to all Waimarino Adventure Park Activities. This variety of options will help children gain water confidence in a safe and managed environment.